...that's what I've been lately. Sorry, all. Weekly updates may be the best that I can do, especially since classes at CTU start up on the 20th (eek! I can't believe it's August already! Where did July go???), and our speech and debate club begins meeting on September 3rd, I think.
First I shall begin with totally random pieces of news from our family:
1) Lydia and Esther decided to move our room around yesterday. I have now been moved from the really nice room where I was sleeping upstairs (the bed upstairs was much better for my back than the one I had originally been sleeping on) to the deep dark dungeon. Mom mentioned something about me being REALLY susceptible to peer pressure...but they wanted me to be downstairs!
2) Dad's work is crazy. He now knows everything, though he has only been working there a few months. He says that is rather scary, especially since everyone comes to him for answers to their questions. He's not so much a newbie any more, I guess...
3) For those of you who don't know (and maybe I already posted about this), we are going to have another baby. No, we don't know if it's a boy or girl - we like to be surprised (I guess...though it does make picking out clothes and stuff rather difficult). It's due on January 15th. Woot!
4) I work this week. *gasp* I know... My schedule, if you care at all, is as follows:
Wednesday, 2-7 pm
Thursday, 1-7 pm
Friday, 3-7 pm
Saturday, 2-7 pm
5) Lydia is celebrating her Sweet Sixteen birthday this weekend! We're going to have a girly sleepover...ruuuuuuunnnnnn!!!!
And if you're falling asleep, here's something interesting:
1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM's with Braille lettering.
Hope you got a good laugh!