Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Quizzes
You've probably taken one before. Maybe in school in preparation for an exam, or maybe online when you were bored. Today I really wasn't doing what I was supposed to and was just messing around on the computer. That can be dangerous a lot of times, but I discovered an important truth I'll tell you about in a little bit...
I went to a quiz website where you can create your own quizzes for people to take. Pretty cool, but almost 90% of the quizzes were plain sleazy. All I had to do was look at the titles or the username of the person who put them together. I won't tell you the name of the website, because I know how contrary and curious human nature is.
However, as I was taking some of the quizzes, I had several thoughts that I believe God gave me. The first was that these people are so lost. One quiz was what worldview I have. Many of the statements I so did not agree with, and the quiz almost expected you to agree with them.
Another quiz was about what political type you are. I ended up being a Social Republican Conservative (or something like that), but the options favorable to what I believe didn't sound that favorable. Goes to show that even quizzes can be biased! *gasp* What a concept.
But the bigger concept that I was getting to is that so many of these people are bored or just plain evil. Not that I'm not a sinner like them, but they were almost flaunting it, if that makes sense. Nasty, man!
The other thought (don't know what else to call it) I had while at this website was that I really don't need other's opinions! Some people might ask whether I'm "kissable" or "dateable" or really a "good friend", yet this is all coming from their point of view and probably not a Christian worldview at that. All I need is God's opinions, and they can all be found if I just look...in the Bible!!!
One of the quizzes was whether or not you're "clean" inside. Well, guess what? I already know that I'm not when I sin, yet I can become clean when I ask for God's forgiveness, which is made readily available through Christ's death on the cross. What more do we need to know?
I'm through ranting. What are your thoughts on the matter?

No comments: